Sunday, June 18, 2006

my little craft corner...


is finished, more or less, of course I envisage some tweaking here and there to get it just right.

This redesign was mainly borne of necessity - my husband will be working in the opposite corner when all the equipment arrives - but I also felt inspired by photographs of Alicia's divine workroom and simplesparrow has been busy organising all her goodies too. It kind of makes you twitchy to clean up your own act and surround yourself with pretty, crafty goodness.

For such a small space it seemed to take a very long time to sort out. But may be that was because I kept coming across things that I hadn't seen in ages. Be it a magazine that I just had to flick through and then would end up reading through. Or fabric that needs folding but then you start thinking of all the endless possibilities it possesses and before you know it an hour has passed by and then the same thing happens when you go through your yarn, threads, trimmings. Well, you get the picture.

I would like to brighten up the magazine holders the plain white isn't very inspiring but I am pleased with the little (ubiquitous) Ikea drawers they had been painted in bright, almost fluorescent colours but now they are more sedate and pretty. The table had boring brown legs - not any more. The chair is just a cheap and practical one but not so comfortable so I made a little cushion pad to cosset my bottom.

I have also been flicking through this...


it arrived on Friday but as yet I still haven't digested it properly.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aahh... I should get to the craft room organizing too. I just get so side tracked. I need an organizational personal trainer to keep me in line!

June 20, 2006 2:50 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks like a lovely cosy corner, very pretty.

June 20, 2006 7:56 pm  
Blogger Samantha said...

What a lovely crafting space. I love what you've done with the Ikea storage boxes!

June 22, 2006 8:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home