Friday, June 23, 2006

wip...


Work in progress is a frightening thought - suddenly all the things I have started and not finished are brought into sharp focus.

My main thing is this quilt - which was really quick to piece and the top was ready quicker than usual but I just don't seem to have the inclination to quilt it. I don't really know why because I ususally really enjoy just sitting down and stitching.

The pattern is 'Ice Pops' from Denyse Schmidt's book. I used very little imagination in choosing the fabric but I really enjoyed using the plain fabrics for a change. Although there is a nod to Denyse as I used her Posies fabric in Sunshine. The bonus of using plain fabrics is the difference it makes to the cost of the finished quilt.

There are also many other projects waiting to be completed or developed
  • ideas for some more freezer paper stencils.
  • I need to make an octopus softie for my nephew - he wants it to be all the colours of the rainbow and very, very, very big. I think there may need to be some compromise between the brief and the design.
  • various knitting projects need finishing.
The worst thing is reading through other blogs and seeing the fantastic projects and ideas that are out there and wanting to try them all out. Too many ideas too little time.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

definitely feel your pain on the 'too little time'... i have some fabrics picked out to make that very same quilt altho mine are shockingly bright reds and oranges :)

SOME DAY when all the other things in progress are finally finished :)

June 23, 2006 4:42 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I bet owning up to your WIPs in blog land will give you new found energy to get on and finish them. Now the ones I have never mentioned in my blog, the ones lurking behind the sofa....there is no hope for them ever....

Thanks for popping into my blog, I'm pleased to say the skirt is almost finished and will probably be photographed tomorrow, sewing is so much quicker than knitting.

Your blog is lovely and I was thrilled to see my name in the sidebar, I will return the compliment as soon as I can face editing the sidebar again (I'm not a natural with the computer).

I really like your freezer paper stencil bag, I have been wanting to try the technique for a while, is freezer paper another word for greaseproof paper? And, did you find it easy?

June 23, 2006 8:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home