Monday, June 26, 2006

pegs, labels and tennis...


Ah - the first day of Wimbledon so the heavens have opened. It has become as much a part of the tradition as the strawberries and cream - but it makes the house so gloomy. Come back sun - please.

The weekend was a real mixed bag - trips to find out about renting self-storage spaces (boy are they creepy), to stationery superstores, parties and fetes.

I finally found some dolly pegs - I have been looking for some for a while now - I had found some on the internet but the post and package charges were double the cost of the pegs in the first place. They were in a shop just around the corner though I swear to goodness they weren't there on Friday.

There are no plans afoot to make peg dolls with them but rather I want them to help plan out some designs I have in mind.

I also have to make a card for a friend, I thought about making one of my corsage cards but fancy trying something a wee bit different - but her birthday is on Wednesday, so it needs to be in the post tomorrow at the latest so with time against me I may well plump for the tried and tested.

Also my new dolliedayream labels arrived this morning but they are wrong - entirely my own silly fault but such a nuisance.

Following on from Friday's w.i.p I also bought some narrow masking tape. I plan to use it to mark out the diagonal lines on the quilt top as I have been using the lack of effective line-marking as an excuse not to progress with it. I claim no credit for the idea as I read about Jane using this method over on Yarnstorm.

I was really hoping for some brilliant sunshine because I have got some solar plate I wanted to expose and take to my class tomorrow. I only have a few more lessons because I decided not to enrol next term so my chances to use the press are limited.

I hope to goodness tomorrow is a better day weather-wise because my son has his sports day.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

I've used the thin masking tape before too and it's great. hope it works for you.

June 27, 2006 3:08 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hope the rain held off for sports day. I love the dolly pegs, I use them for all sorts of things too. The labels are gorgeous, what is the problem with them?

Thanks for your comments on the skirt, sadly the T shirt is on its very last legs, my strategically placed arm in covering a couple of holes so I am on the look out for something similar, I can't imagine any other colour looking quite as "right" with the skirt now.

June 27, 2006 8:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dolly pegs are great aren't they? They bring back so many memories.

I am always making mistakes on things - its so typical when its something you can't change! Hope you get it sorted without too much expense. By the way can you tell me where you ordered your labels from, I have been looking around but have had no luck. :)

June 27, 2006 9:43 pm  
Blogger Digital Professional said...

hey i really like your work.
good work

June 02, 2007 9:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home