Tuesday, June 27, 2006

run, baby, run...

hurray! today was dry and the sun actually shone for the duration of Sports Day. It was such good fun and a really happy occasion.

The move is a foot - my husband is currently shuttling his paperwork, equipment and general office clutter from the old office in central London to our loft in south west London. Next week is the beginning of our new working life - I say 'our' because with my husband at home I know my little life will change. When he was freelance before I was out at work so never really got bothered by having him 'under my feet' and I enjoyed the benefits of coming home to having the supper cooked. It will be different now.


My etching class this morning was interesting - I finally got to print up the carborundum plate that I made last week. I had to wait for the glue to dry. Unfortunately, I think most of the image is provided by the glue rather than the carborundum. But the relief is interesting and I think I find the back of the prints more alluring. It is the play of light and shadow that I like so much.


As for my friend's card I made something which I am happy with - or may be I just liked the looking through bits and bobs and then stamping and sticking - like a kid in a crafting candy store.


Thank you to Jessica for backing up the masking tape idea - just need to get on with that quilt now. 'Stitch in the ditch' requires so much less work!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love the etching, that is something I would love to have a go at too.

I sympathise re: husband at home, it has its good and bad points I know. Mine is about to work from home again, last time he had a garden office which was great but this time we have less space and he will be taking over a corner of the dining room for the time being....I see arguments about his untidiness and our noisy children in the near future.

Thanks for the info about freezer paper, I have some now and plan to have a go very soon.

June 28, 2006 11:03 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home