Tuesday, April 17, 2007

booty-licious ...

I thought I would share with you a little snapshot of some of the booty I brought back from Paris.
There's some fabric for tote bags, a couple of pieces of the most amazing wool felt, felt hearts, crochet hooks, thread, buttons, some more buttons, thick strap tape.

Also in the case coming home were biscuits, sweets, sirop, shoes, a skirt, books, toys. But I could have bought so much more.

I had a wonderful weekend. My Vintage Button Swap package got sent out to my partner in Stuttgart - just in time to meet the deadline.

Saturday saw me spending the day at Flibbertygibbet's home being taught to crochet. Several of us gathered to be plied with tea and cake whilst Emma Seddon taught us the fundamentals. It was a wonderful day, Emma was a great teacher, the company was good and Flib was the perfect hostess. And a huge thank you to her for arranging it all.

Now it is all back to normal and that means back to work but hey at least the sun is still shining as the gorgeous scent of jasmine wafts through the open windows. The perfect weather for a new summer skirt! So today I have been working on the Sew U skirt that I said I would make ages ago, it just needs hemming, and I hope to post a photo or two tomorrow.

9 Comments:

Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Ya know...you guys are all making me jealous writing about crocheting with Flibbertygibbet! Sounds like you all had a wonderul time!

April 18, 2007 4:15 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was such fun! I think I might have to do it again (for myself as much as for the people who missed the first round!)
I love the colour combinations of all your swag.

April 18, 2007 7:04 am  
Blogger Ali said...

Oh, the goodness. And crochet lessons too.

I'm umming and aahing about that Sew U book and making skirts, so I await your news with baited breath.

April 18, 2007 10:51 am  
Blogger Sarah said...

I love your purchases... Sounds like you had a great time.

April 18, 2007 5:42 pm  
Blogger Angel Jem said...

What a bag of treasures! Some people would think you were crackers to go abroad & buy buttons & fabric.... but they don't read these blogs!

April 18, 2007 7:18 pm  
Blogger Berber said...

Lovely things... I wish I could go shopping in PariS!

April 18, 2007 8:44 pm  
Blogger Rebecca said...

It was such a fun day, sunshine, cake and chatting not to mention the crochet!

Looking forward to seeing the skirt!

April 18, 2007 8:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous purchases from Paris - how lovely!

April 19, 2007 11:02 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh such lovely things, especially the felt and your crochet day sounds perfect.

I am really wondering about getting the Sew U book (because obviously I never have enough craft books), and would appreciate your thoughts on it, will it help me learn how to manipulate patterns and improve fit? I look forward to seeing the skirt.

April 19, 2007 11:46 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home