Tuesday, March 13, 2007

show and tell ...

Well here is a very belated show and tell of my Liberty evening with Flibbertygibbet and Knitterrooney. Crying out loud it was almost a week ago and I have not shown or told yet - just how slovenly am I? (no please don't answer that).

So in true better late than never style here is a tour of my purchases. Firstly, I got me some Rowan fabric. More of the flower fabric that I think I may make a skirt from and some very yummy cupcake fabric.

Also in my basket was some Rowan DK wool in fun colours. Liberty really had the best array of DK wool that I have seen anywhere and it was a joy to behold all those gorgeous jewel colours beautifully racked up. John Lewis only seem to have the dingier colours and then only about 7 colours to choose from. Liberty had easily double that.

The collection of Liberty print fabric this year is fabulous - more patterns, colourways and fabric types than in previous years. Yummy yummy. The big problem though is that Liberty fabric isn't cheap so I shied away from buying any until Flib enlightened me to the minimum cut. I always thought, somewhat mistakenly, that the minimum was 50cm but no it is 30 cm. So it felt only right to treat myself to strips from 3 of their gorgeous new fabrics.
Aside from the opportunity to spend some money, the evening was a wonderful chance to catch up with fellow bloggers and chew the fat and share ideas. Thanks Flib and Ting it was a wonderful evening.

9 Comments:

Blogger TheVintageMagpie said...

hello there, I have just found your blog, and am delighted! Your post re: Liberty's fabric took me back to the days when I used to work around the corner from there, and I used to just wander round and round and round the fabrics! Now I live in Devon so its a bit too far for a wander! Love the fabrics, I oohed and arhhed over them. And love the blog. Gorgeous!

March 13, 2007 10:39 pm  
Blogger Flibbertygibbet said...

Look at those birdies!! Gorgeous. It was such a fun evening - good company, beautiful fabrics and wool and free wine. Doesn't get any better?

March 14, 2007 12:07 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jealous. I'm so jealous.

AND free wine?

March 14, 2007 12:00 pm  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Aren't the new range of Liberty fabrics wonderful - I bought the birds one too! (infact i think we may have been buying at the same time?... I wish I had said hello now!)

March 14, 2007 7:49 pm  
Blogger Berber said...

I'm going to Liberty's in a couple of weeks... I can't wait!

March 14, 2007 8:11 pm  
Blogger Jade said...

The bird fabric is just delicious!

March 14, 2007 11:50 pm  
Blogger Kate said...

Sooo jealous, my sister is in London and just sent pictures of her Liberty buy up.

March 15, 2007 7:50 am  
Blogger dee said...

Oh, cute, cute, cute! Love that fabric

March 15, 2007 5:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh wow, that Liberty fabric really is gorgeous. It sounds like a fun evening- lucky girl!

March 23, 2007 4:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home