Wednesday, February 07, 2007


I had meant to say much more in yesterday's post but it slipped my mind - it seems to be happening a lot at the moment.

I wanted to express my thanks to everyone who took the trouble to leave a comment on my hundredth post. It was such a buzz but the best thing of all was discovering some lovely new blogs via those comments. I may otherwise have never found them and Jo's is a good case in point.

Also, I forgot to tell you about the surprise package I got from Monica on Saturday. A copy of February's 'Real Simple' which I had been looking for all over the place without success and a mini heart shaped cake tin. Perfect for making some gorgeous chocolate confection. Thank you so much Monica.

The photo at the top is the first glimmer of Spring that has burst forth in our yard. The Japanese quince has decided to start blooming. Obviously no one has told it we have snow forecast for the next couple of days.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful blossom! Does it flower for long?

February 07, 2007 10:44 pm  
Blogger knittingingrid said...

I just tagged you with the alphabet tag - hope you enjoy it. I found it quite challenging but interesting too!

February 08, 2007 10:54 am  
Blogger Nonnie said...

That quince is beautiful. It's a gorgeous colour. Hope it survived the snow yesterday.

February 09, 2007 10:29 am  
Blogger Ali said...

Flowers + snow = magical.

February 09, 2007 12:36 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a gorgeous flower. In Italy we call that Juda's tree. the one Judas hang himself from after having betrayed Jesus. And whose flower turned red from white that they were.

It always flower before Easter.

February 09, 2007 6:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Japanese quince is looking beautiful, I really must get one of those, doesn't the fruit smell lovely?

February 09, 2007 6:13 pm  
Blogger Flibbertygibbet said...

Fingers crossed that the blossoms survived!

February 09, 2007 10:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home