Monday, January 15, 2007

ta da ...

I've finished the blouse! Thank you for all your help with choosing which buttons to use, I went for the blue buttons in the end.

Everything worked out well in the end although I had terrible problems with the buttonholes on the cuffs. My machine just didn't want to do them properly. It would do the bottom and one side but it messed up when it came to doing the top and the return down the next side. After unpicking for the umpteenth time I decided to give up and just use press studs until I could gather up enough strength to try them again. Luckily the buttonholes down the front of the blouse were no problem at all.

It was a great pattern to use. The instructions were clear and the number of pattern pieces weren't too numerous. All the pieces were necessary there was nothing extraneous. I would certainly use another Wendy Simplicity pattern, I just have to decide which.

This afternoon I got home from work and sat down and watched Doris Day. Channel 4 are showing a DD film every afternoon this week. The perfect opportunity to sit down and do a bit of quilting.

9 Comments:

Blogger Ali said...

Well done you! A blouse Doris Day would be proud to wear I'm sure.

January 15, 2007 8:48 pm  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Looks fabulous - well done!

Have you seen this one too? http://julieree.blogspot.com/2007/
01/his-girl-friday-shirt.html

January 15, 2007 9:15 pm  
Blogger Abby said...

The blouse turned out great. What network is Channel 4? I love Doris Day movies!

January 15, 2007 9:33 pm  
Blogger love.boxes said...

Lovely. Good job. :)

January 16, 2007 12:09 am  
Blogger Soo said...

what a beautiful blouse!!!

January 16, 2007 8:19 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow you were quick, looks great and yes will be tuning into Channel 4 all this week.

January 16, 2007 1:28 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh this is lovely, such beautiful fabric, very up to date looking too.

January 16, 2007 2:39 pm  
Blogger A home sewn, recycled,vintage life said...

Lovely job. I have been watching Doris too, I'm a sucker when it comes to 50s - 60s glorious technicolour musicals.

January 18, 2007 2:20 pm  
Blogger Ana Petrova said...

Nice job!

January 20, 2007 3:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home