Sunday, December 31, 2006

on the eve...

So here we are at the last day of 2006. I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and are enjoying your holidays. I won't bore you with tales of our illnesses that are still lingering and persisting making for snotty misery. Or the fact that Wednesday saw me back at work. The family time between Christmas and New Year was always my favourite time and I really missed it this year.

We did have a lovely, if short, Christmas stay with family and we all got some wonderful presents. Lego was high on my son's wish list and Father Christmas didn't fail him. Some of my present highlights were the warmest, toastiest PJs ever, which I adore and a pair of tailors scissors - big, heavy, proper, metal scissors.

My thoughts now are turning to the year that has been and the year that is to come. 2006 has had its share of ups and downs just like other years. There has been some bad things and some good things that have happened but most of the time it just carried on in its own way. But I do cherish the fact that it was the year I discovered this amazing community of people who enjoy crafts of all shades and hues. A community that is so nuturing and generous in its offers of help, advice and support.

I have been thinking about possible resolutions for the new year and there are some of those which relate to trying to improve health - I must eat more fruit and drink more water as I am very bad at both. There are also all the skills I would like to learn and develop having discovered them on other blogs but maybe they belong on a wish list rather than as resolutions?

Anyway, this evening I will raise a glass to all of you - the new friends I have made and to hopefully many more friendships to come and develop in the year ahead. Here is wishing you all a healthy, happy, prosperous and crafty new year.

7 Comments:

Blogger Flibbertygibbet said...

Wishing you a wonderfully happy new year - I'm so glad to have met you this year both online and in person! Shopping trip to be arranged - there's a quilt order outstanding... x

December 31, 2006 5:25 pm  
Blogger Ali said...

Happy New Year Caroline - raising a glass to you too!

December 31, 2006 6:20 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Caroline! I hope you have a great evening and I shall in turn raise a glass to you! Cheers!

December 31, 2006 7:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheers, Caroline!
happy 2007 to you.

January 01, 2007 4:46 am  
Blogger Lisa said...

Happy New Year Caroline!

January 01, 2007 4:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you on more fruit and water. I'm so good at giving those things to my children, and then forget to join them!

ps ref post above, you seem to already be very nifty with your camera, lovely images.

January 02, 2007 10:56 pm  
Blogger Digital Professional said...

i think that was a great stuff in fashion trend.

June 02, 2007 9:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home