Thursday, November 30, 2006

more seasonal musings ...

I found this copy of Martha Stewart Holiday in my local newsagent the other day

and I am very taken with these little fellas.

So a trip to the supermarket produced some candy canes - I wish we got more variety in the colours rather than just the red, white and green which seems to be the only colour combination available here. Anyway I just need to get some felt in pretty colours and then I am going to give them a go. I thought they could make good present toppers or gift tags.

I also strung together some of my stars - I have just a couple of the larger size to make and add to the ribbon. I plan to put them in front of the fireplace just like this but I need to find a better way to secure the ribbon.


The sellotape I used in order to get this photo lasted all of three minutes. Having to re-hang them every few minutes will make for a very tedious festive period.

This afternoon I finally got round to working on my Christmas cards - but more of those anon.

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your star garland is so charming. I have a couple of eyelet hooks hidden either side of the mantlepiece for the specific purpose of stringing Christmas stuff. Andy thinks I'm mad, but what do I care!

November 30, 2006 8:43 pm  
Blogger Kate said...

I love your stars - wonderful Christmas decorations.

November 30, 2006 9:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful fireplace and I was very taken with those little mice as well. Fancy you recognising an old John Lewis price tag, your absolutly right that is where they used to buy them only it was Robert Sale in Cambridge, Mother lived in Littleport at the time.

December 01, 2006 12:07 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a Martha fan myself ;). The star garland is so charming, love it!

December 01, 2006 12:15 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gorgeous garland! i had a very pretty 'champagne' colored glass bead one - that got destroyed 2 years ago - we have been garland-less ever since - maybe i'll sew one...
-kirsten

December 01, 2006 3:31 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

where in Putney do you have a local newsagent who has Martha? Am always looking for it - let me know, I am not far away. Thanks.

December 01, 2006 10:41 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The candy cane mice are great - Habitat have quite a range of colours at the minute.

Love your star garland!

December 01, 2006 12:50 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh the garland looks lovely, very elegant.

I am so envious of your Martha Stewart. My local newsagent can offer no such excitement, I would love to get my hands on a Martha Stewart, up here it is more like Tractors Weekly.

December 01, 2006 1:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the stars - they look great against the black fireplace!

December 01, 2006 1:24 pm  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I love that garland!

December 01, 2006 3:13 pm  
Blogger Lauri said...

I love your garland! And we had a family friend who used to make candy cane ornaments with felt horse's heads up at the top, around the curve...they looked like little stick horses.

December 02, 2006 6:51 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those stars look a treat...
I still can't believe it's December.
see you, gracia

December 03, 2006 7:53 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and inviting me over. I love your work, makes me all twitchy and want to make long lists of things to make that I can't possibly get around to doing! Its a good kind of twitchy though!

December 03, 2006 4:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ps any others who would like to enter my comp for an orchid corsage, pop in too see my blog.

December 03, 2006 4:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is that REALLY your fireplace!! it's so beautiful!! and the stars look so lovely hanging in front of it!

December 05, 2006 6:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home