Thursday, November 23, 2006

'tis the season ...

... to be snotty.

This time of year seems to bring with it inevitable sniffling and sneezing. So what a good excuse to finally have a go at making a tissue holder.

The idea and pattern is cobbled together from various tutorials floating around on various blogs. Belladia is one, Stardust Shoes is another, oh and Whipup is another.

I like it but it isn't right yet - maybe if I had stuck to one tutorial and actually used a ruler to measure and mark out the fabric it would be a better size and fit. I also think it looks rather plain - a little embellishment is called for. But all in all a quick and satisfying make.

Last Saturday, I met Flibbertygibbet. She has a stall at the market at the top end of Marylebone High Street and last week was her first week. This week on her blog she has been showing us all the things she has been making to sell. If you happen to be in the neighbourhood why not pop along and say 'hi'. She is really friendly.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bless you! We've got lurgies here too - I won't go into detail, too yukky.

Lucky you, making that market, if only I could wrangle another child-free Saturday, but alas, I am shackled to the School Fayre (oh yes, with a 'y' - says it all really!)

November 23, 2006 4:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I can think of at least three people who are gettin one of those for chistmas!

November 23, 2006 7:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i had a hard time with measurements, too - took me a while to figure out the perfect size - but they are fun to make!

November 27, 2006 2:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I lived in the UK I would go see her and congraulate her on having the best blog name ever. Flibbertygibbet, cool.

December 03, 2006 4:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home