Wednesday, October 25, 2006

a tale of woe ...

Oh dear, oh dear, my poor little 'pute had to go to the doctors today and he requires surgery. He was working so well and so hard yesterday. First he let me visit all my favourite blogs and then he let me post here and then he was all up for saving off lots of my photographs. I had over 1600 photos sat on my machine eating up valuable space. So I decided it was time to burn some CDs and free some of that space. And that's where the trouble started. First CD he burnt fine, not a problem. The second one he burnt just as easily. The problem came when he tried to eject it - he couldn't. No matter how hard he tried he just couldn't get the CD out. We tried everything to help him, pressing buttons, entering commands but all to no avail. So now he is facing surgery. His drive has got to be removed and a new one put in. We hope he will be out of hospital in time for the weekend.

Now his little felted bag, that keeps him all snug and warm and safe lies empty. Sorry the picture is rather orange I took it this evening.


The problem is all my information is on that little machine and I feel a little lost. It is not the same using someone elses machine. This one doesn't have Firefox installed (yet) and so using Blogger isn't as easy as it usually is (and that's saying something). I also have to figure out how to get my emails - if only I could remember my passwords.

There is a brightside though. The one advantage may be that I actually get some crafting done rather than spending so much of my time looking at everyone elses crafty goings on.

This morning I was hanging out with these fun guys.


This weather has certainly led to a profusion of these fellas. We have never really had them in our garden before but today, as well as these ones, I spotted puffballs and some big huge ones that I don't know the name off.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

poor 'pute!

i hate remembering my passwords, too!

October 25, 2006 8:51 pm  
Blogger Lauri said...

Oh no! I don't know what I would do without computer access...I start dying and decaying mentally, and even maybe a little bit physically, about 15 seconds after Time Warner goes out! lol!

And this quote: "There is a brightside though. The one advantage may be that I actually get some crafting done rather than spending so much of my time looking at everyone elses crafty goings on."

That is soooooooo me! I spend about 90% of my time looking at everyone else's beautiful things, and only about 10% working on my own...I like to call it "research and inspiration"! lol!

October 25, 2006 8:51 pm  
Blogger Kate said...

feeling extreme sympathy for you. I had to get a totally new one recently. Hope you have it back soon.

October 25, 2006 11:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh poor you although it might be a blessing in disguise giving you time to catch up on all your projects. By the way I love the felted bag - what wool did you use?

October 26, 2006 7:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear, I hope it is back with you soon. It's awful without the computer isn't it!

October 29, 2006 9:16 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear, we had to buy a new computer the other week because ours became terminally ill. Good luck with yours.

October 29, 2006 4:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home