Wednesday, October 18, 2006

you never phone, you never write ...

What can I say, work seriously gets in the way of life. I have had a gap of seven years in my employment history and in that time I had forgotten how tiring working is. But it has only been a week and I am sure it will all fall into place in due course.

Nothing crafty has been happening. Even the weekend was craft free and I think this in itself is a big problem. I find it very frustrating not using the creative side of my brain and that frustration vents itself in the most unappealing ways. Sadly at the moment my mind is just too tired to even think of anything. I have also been suffering blinding headaches from clenching my teeth to much - returning to work is so stressful.

It's not all o me miserum though. I made it to the knitting group today for the first time in ages. It was good to see everyone, and a couple of new faces, and just catch up on what everyone was making. I also enjoyed the opportunity to just sit down and knit - I actually felt relaxed. Note to self - knit more often it is good for your mental health.

I have also been catching up on blog reading. Wow. A lot has been happening out there. People having babies, suffering earthquakes, debating about the posting of children's photos and sadly some even giving up this blogging lark. I swear it was only a couple of days when I didn't read anything.

As I get more used to being in gainful employment I hope to get my crafting mojo back and blog far more regularly than of late. But in the meantime here's a little passion for a Wednesday evening.

This passion flower has entwined itself around our magnolia tree and made a lovely splash of colour on a grey morning.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry your feeling under the weather it must be really difficult trying to adjust to work after such a long break. I haven't worked (for anyone) in 17 years and really think I might end up with a nervous breakdown if I reentered the workplace. But then who knows it might be just what I need.....

October 19, 2006 11:13 pm  
Blogger createacraft said...

as you said.. all will be soon in place.. and you will find time for all..
in rhe mean time.. enjoy.. your new working lady life =))

October 20, 2006 5:23 am  
Blogger A home sewn, recycled,vintage life said...

Blooming heck! whats going on? I've recently posted about the lack of creative get-up-and-go! And whats really weird is, I too used the term 'mojo' and today the first two blogs I read are yours and pixiegenne's and you both have lost your mojo's. I feel sure we will all get them back when we are less stressed.

October 20, 2006 3:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home