Wednesday, September 27, 2006

another thank you bag ...

it is a very belated thank you bag and is for the lady who kindly gave me all that wonderful fabric. I used corduroy again but this time with no problems. This beige fabric seems a lot softer than the plum coloured one I used before. I wanted to include some of the fabric that she gave to me so the bag was more pertinent and I played around with various ways of including it.

I took it really seriously, I even sketched out my ideas and wrote down measurements before starting. I am pleased that I finally got it made because it had been weighing on my mind - just got to post it now.

Yesterday, I was very excited by the long awaited preview of Heather Bailey's debut fabric collection over on her blog. I love the colours and the sheer scope and variety of the designs. She is also over on Quilters Buzz talking about the fabric and other up and coming projects. On the subject of fabric, over on Whipup there is a fascinating account of creating fabric designs for FreeSpirit Fabrics.

That list of projects is slowly coming under control. At the moment I am making another ribbon brooch and agonising over my colour choices. I then plan to move on to the dress. I should have gone to knitting group this morning but decided I really needed to stay home and get some things finished.

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh the bag looks lovely, I really like the detail and I think your intended recipient will appreciate the work you have put into it. It's a wonderful present.

September 27, 2006 6:53 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very cute! i'm sure she'll appreciate it!

September 27, 2006 6:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely way to say thank you to her. The bag looks great.

September 27, 2006 7:13 pm  
Blogger Kate said...

The bag is fantastic - love the colours. I am impressed with the sketching and measuring! Nothing I have ever finished has looked like its starting sketch.

September 28, 2006 7:55 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the bag is beautiful! the pieced panel was a great idea.

September 28, 2006 2:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love that bag! The pieced panel was a very inspired idea, and I am so impressed that you drew up the design and measurements first. I could take a leaf from your book!

September 28, 2006 9:44 pm  
Blogger dee said...

That is a really cute bag, such a useful size too!

September 29, 2006 1:31 am  
Blogger Soo said...

What a nice idea! The bag looks great and I am sure it's new owner will love it!

September 29, 2006 2:37 am  
Anonymous Underpinning Ironville said...

I thoroughly enjoyed this blog thanks for sharing

November 15, 2022 4:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home