Monday, September 11, 2006

not an octopus ...

His name is Jack and he is a jellyfish and those aren't legs they are tenticles that sting you. Well, that's what my nephew has decided anyway. Thank you for all the lovely comments but it seems I may have misled you all.

Also, especially for Kirsten, yes he does have a circle underneath and sewing the legs on was very nearly impossible. Big mistake to pre-stuff the legs as it made it very awkward to feed everything through the machine.

We had a fantastic time away - the wonderful weather made all the difference. The wedding on Thursday was lovely, the venue was idyllic, the service short and the food amazing. On the way to the wedding we went past this place but with no time to go on Thursday we went back on Friday afternoon. And bought all this fabric - mmmm.

I also bought a Clover embroidery stitching thingy which I have no idea how to use but intend to find out.

And on the drive back we had the most spectacular views to enjoy.

I also bought a few books whilst in Nottingham - I am really liking the look of this one and can see myself using quite a few of the ideas in it.


On Saturday we had a wonderful time cycling around Clumber Park. I hadn't been there in over ten years and it has changed a bit and best of all it is now even more cycle and pedestrian friendly. All-in-all a very good weekend.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the surely humiliating picture of the octopus bum! :)

let us know how the stitching tool turns out!

i just saw that handwriting fabric in a quilt shop - i love it - but what to do with it...?

September 11, 2006 8:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great octopus/jellyfish!I love the chicken tote!

September 11, 2006 8:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The handwriting fabric caught my eye too - glad your jellyfish got the thumbs up!

September 11, 2006 9:55 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the octopus, so cute. Very impressed that you managed to work a little stash enhancement into your weekend.

September 12, 2006 1:14 pm  
Blogger Dannielle said...

That jellyfish-not-octopus is absolutely adorable! I love how its non-stinging tentacles are all different. Fun!

September 12, 2006 6:10 pm  
Blogger Flibbertygibbet said...

Have you played with the embroidery tool yet? I've been trying to get my hands on those Clover embroidery patterns but haven't noticed them anywhere in London yet...

September 18, 2006 7:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home