Wednesday, August 30, 2006

is it Wednesday already? ...

well that crept up on me with alarming speed. A mixture of a Bank Holiday and thoughts of 'Back to School' have left me feeling discombobulated. I have so many things that I would like to get done but so many things I have to get done. Today's chore is to sew name tapes on new school clothes and to double check we have all the required items. But it isn't all work and no play...

The clouds built up again this afternoon so there was nothing to do other than bake some comforting and indulgent brownies.

And of course whilst feasting on them a little bit of inspirational browsing through this was required. My knowledge of French scraped me through O'level, just. So I understand shockingly little of the instructions but I can usually get the jist of it. And a French-English dictionary always helps!

The morning was filled with a trip to the picture framers to try and decide on a frame for a print that is to be a wedding gift for my father-in-law and his wife-to-be. I just couldn't choose between two frames, I've plumped for one but am now worring the other one was a better choice. I took some pictures on my camera phone to show my husband this evening, to see if he has a preference, but the pictures are so bad I can't see that they will help. Why am I finding it so hard to make decisions at the moment?

Then I got down to some cutting out. I am going to try out the binding idea for the pen holder. So apart from cutting out the body pieces I had to make the binding.


I don't know why but the making of bias binding always flumoxes me - especially when I have to join lengths together.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tammy Gilley said...

Oh, a rainy day, a magazine and a home-baked brownie. What am I doing in the office?! (well, aside from the fact that I'm not working, but catching up on my blog-reading!!) Enjoy!!

August 30, 2006 8:01 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oooh, I've enjoyed browsing the gallery you linked to and was satisfied to see that Anita Klein has gone up in value (I have a print of hers). I'm sure your frame will be fine, I always procrastinate over frames, it is such a difficult and often quite expensive decision.

Brownie looks so good, we've been baking to beat the weather too.

August 30, 2006 8:26 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find choosing frames almost impossible. And thank you for reminding me about nametapes, now I just have to find them in the chaos that is my sewing stuff...

August 30, 2006 9:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home