Tuesday, August 22, 2006

to photoshop or not to photoshop ...

Well, with the skies getting dingier and good quality natural light getting harder and harder to come by my photos will certainly need some help. So I am going to try and get to grips with Photoshop and while I am at it Illustrator and InDesign too. I know absolutely nothing about them except that I have had the Creative Suite sat on my machine for some time now crying out to be used.

So my mission for this autumn (when the little fella is back at school) is to teach myself at least the basics. I have also found this and this useful for advice about taking and lighting photographs. It is certainly a hit and miss affair for me at the moment.

The refinement of my little crafty space also continues apace and I am so chuffed that I have finally sorted through my fabric and neatly folded and sorted it all and put it away nicely in the cupboard .

I suddenly feel very organised and able to take on the world. As they say simple things ...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep Photoshop is great and there is just soooo much you can do with it. I have been meaning to learn Illustrator for a while now as I think it would be great and I have used Indesign a bit and it integrates well with the other packages. But I am stuck in Freehand and Quark mode for now. Have fun learning.

August 23, 2006 9:20 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it's in your budget, I highly recommend Lynda.com.
I use it year-round to brush up on software as needed (I am a designer) but you could just sign up for a month to learn the basics.
I'm a visual and hands-on learner, so this has really been a help to me.
Good luck, you can do it!

August 24, 2006 7:01 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Photoshop you'll love for sure... I use it all the time. My only word of caution, don't over do the filters.
Happy to of found my way over to your little blog world and happy playing with your creative suite!
cheers, gracia

September 01, 2006 8:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home