Tuesday, August 01, 2006

i'm still here - honestly....

oh dear it has been such a long time since my last post - life (and cream teas) has kind of gotten in the way. I have also been enjoying the opportunity to surf around various blogs looking for new perspectives and ideas.

This fantastic package arrived today from my vintage button swap partner, Lisa. Buttons, fabric, lace, cotton reels - all of it so delectable. Thank you so much Lisa.


My package to Lisa should arrive within the next couple of days - I hope she likes it. Please have a look at the Flickr to see what everyone has been receiving.

This afternoon the kitchen table looked like this

my son had a friend over to play and as the weather was unpredictable we opted for some arts and crafts. All lots of good fun but I always find the clearing away so tedious.

On the horizon.... Noodles and Doodles is planning a bookswap so I have signed on the dotted line .... Wee Wonderfuls has a set of embroidery postcards for sale tomorrow ..... I must finish my nephew's octopus ..... and I would love to go to the Festival of Quilts show in August and the The Knitting and Stitching Show in September but don't know if I can make it to either. I need someone to drag me along as I tend to prevaricate too much and then miss the opportunity.

But other than that I do solemnly swear to blog more regularly.... honestly.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ali said...

Ooh your cream tea looks good. Thanks for your comments over at my place. I keep wanting to reply to you, but no e-mail on your blog and **** blogger is v. unhelpful.

August 01, 2006 10:52 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am freaked out because your "cream tea table" looks just like ours normally does. It's spooky, we have the same Denby, same jam, same white linen. Clearly we are ladies of excellent taste!

I think you are very brave to craft with extra children. My children often suggest that when we have visiting children but I usually manage to change the subject somehow. I'm sure they really enjoyed themselves.

August 03, 2006 9:01 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have some of that fabric!
http://kirstencan.typepad.com/kirstencan/projects/index.htmli made a quilt and pillowcovers out of it - can't wait to see what you do with it!

August 07, 2006 2:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home