Monday, July 17, 2006

a visitor flies in ...

I walked into the kitchen around lunchtime to discover we had a visitor - I have no idea how he (or maybe she) got in but he probably hopped up the back stairs from the garden. He was in no hurry to leave either it required a sheet to be thrown over him so he could be returned to the garden. Unfortunately, worried and frightened birds leave rather a lot of faecal matter around so an hour later I was finally happy that everything had been cleaned and sanitised.

Sorry, I hate to say it, and I think it was Oscar Wilde who said weather is only talked about by people with no imagination (or something like that)* but it has to be said today has been spectacular. The whole week is set carry on in a similar vein too - I just hope it doesn't break too soon as my son doesn't finish school until Friday and it would be great to be able to do picnics and the like.

The weekend was hot and sunny too, hence very little was actually accomplished. However, I made this glasses case on Saturday evening as a salve to my conscience. It just needs a suitable closure so I have ordered some flat springs from Kleins.

Sunday was the final fundraiser of the school year - a dad's five-a-side football match. Picnics and fun although some of the dads got a bit carried away and forgot it was supposed to be fun.

Tomorrow in a desperate effort to get stuff done before my son breaks-up I plan to get over to the Quilt Room and pick up some bits and pieces for summer projects.

*"Conversation about the weather is the last refuge of the unimaginative"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home