Monday, July 10, 2006

modern monday ...


So today I finally made it to the V&A's Modernism exhibition - I am usually so bad at actually getting to an exhibtion before it closes.

It was interesting but with such a huge subject it felt like it was just scratching the top of the iceberg and in someways only giving the history of the 'celebrities' of the movement. But definitely a great starting point and a fantastic collection of items all displayed together.

I saw plenty of things to spark the imagination - mainly textile items. But sadly the postcards from the exhibition didn't include any of the things I was really interested in so I have had to trawl the internet. Photography was strictly not allowed in the exhibition.


I loved the Ruth Hollos Consemuller and Anni Albers wall hangings - some great quilt ideas me thinks.

I also loved the two Claire McCardell outfits hidden away behind a huge silver car. And I was pleased to see that Russel Wright hadn't been completely forgotten about, I went to an exhibition devoted to him at the Cooper-Hewitt several years ago and have been smitten ever since.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had exactly the same idea about the wall-hangings/textiles - excellent quilt inspiration.

July 10, 2006 9:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home