Saturday, July 01, 2006

an homage ...

I love Jane over at Yarnstorm's beautiful pictures of her complimenting colours be it jelly beans with knitted cushions, book covers with yarn or cakes with embroidery thread. A recent photo was nail varnished toes with dahlias.

Well when my hollyhocks burst forth this week I knew I just had to take this picture.

They are the most gorgeous colour, they start of as virtually black and then as they unfurl and mature they become the most sumptuous purple, crimson, black, brown colour that I just don't know what you would call it. It would be a great colour for velvet.

While I was out in the garden - I finally managed to take a picture of my garden buddy.

He loves sultanas and chirps on the fence until I replenish the bird table then by way of a thank you he gives the most beautiful burst of song. Although today his chirrups were drowned out by 'oooohs' and 'ahhhs' and 'nnnooooos' - the sound of football being watched up and down the street. It is so hot that doors and windows are open and the groans and excitement permeate the air.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmm, great nail varnish colour & beautiful hollyhock.

July 02, 2006 8:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home