Sunday, July 09, 2006

normal service will be resumed shortly...

oh dear it has been several days and I haven't posted a thing but I have been busy - honest.

Wednesday was a baking day - lots of pecan shortbread and soaking of bulghar wheat for a supper at a friends house on Thursday evening. I also created my dolliedaydream logo - I like the idea of an insignia that can be used in place of words.

On Thursday I used the old freezer paper trick and created a dollie logo on a t-shirt.


I also created a paper pattern for my nephew's octopus and decided on the fabric and some embellishements and I even took pictures with the intention of posting them for wip Friday. Then it was time to complete the making of the wild rice, chickpea and bulghar salad from the wonderful Avoca Cookbook.

Friday was the school fair - so in the morning I was helping wrap the remainder of the lucky dip prizes. My parents came for a visit so we had a pub lunch then along to the school fair to take up my position as stallholder on 'Hook a Duck'. The rain stopped and the sun shone and it was an afternoon of roll up roll up and plastic beakers of Pimms. My husband was on the 'Bash the Rat' stall - mmm I think he missed his true vocation except I think the dodgems or waltzers would be more his style.

Also I never posted the wip photos - that's what sometimes happens to good intentions - so here it is now.


Saturday was Barnes Fair - which was packed but again the sun just about shone and it was a lovely way to spend an afternoon - I got some buttons but as always have no idea what I will do with them .... yet.


And today, Sunday, I feel burnt out so I think an early night is called for - but I did make some more shortbread for my family who only got a couple of biscuits from the previous batch.

I would also like to say thank you for all the lovely comments about Pierre - I had meant to reply to them personally - hopefully I will do so this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home