Tuesday, July 11, 2006

the octopus just ain't right ...

Today I finally got around to cutting out the octopus pattern. I love the fabric although because of the weave it frays rather too easily - but the blocks of colour give it a patchwork look and feel without the bother of piecing.

But I have just stuffed it and I don't like it - it doesn't work for me at all. It requires a total rethink. However, I think I now know how I can hopefully achieve the look I want it just needs to be so much more substantial. So it is still officially a work in progress.

On a brighter note the couple of Barefoot Contessa books I ordered from Amazon arrived today - so I have been enjoying looking through them and thinking what I am going to make from them. One of the things I like about Ina Garten's recipes is that they are very do-able.

I have also spent today catching up on various blogs - I have been completely enthralled by the letters Alicia found at an Estate Sale, I really wish my family kept or even had letters like that. I have been working on and off on my family history (I am concentrating on my dad's side at the moment) and I am continually saddened by the lack of family ephemera be it photographs, letters whatever - anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home