Monday, July 24, 2006

1 down 42 to go ...

Today counted as the first 'proper' day of the holiday and so far so good.

This morning involved the usual grocery shopping and then a trip to the library to enrol my son on 'The Reading Mission'. I picked up these books for myself so I will take great pleasure in flicking through them over the next few days.


My son is keen to make some felt hand puppets so tomorrow morning will probably be a supplies shopping foray. He has lots of ideas of the things he wants to do - to day involved an art afternoon and he wants to go and see some exhibitions with me - at this point I should point out he is only 6 (7 in August). On our list is Kandinsky and Modigliani, my list also includes Angus McBean (I'm sure he can be persuaded). He also wanted to set up his own blog but we have settled for a scrapbook - apprently 'blog' is a girly word anyway.

I am also currently trying to get together a present for a friend who has just had her fifth child but my eye for colour has completely failed me - I blame sun blindness.


So it has subsequently been unpicked, simplified and stitching should occur in the next day or so...

4 Comments:

Blogger Ali said...

Wow, your library beats mine hands down - I don't think I've found a pre 1975 craft book yet!

July 24, 2006 11:20 pm  
Blogger Samantha said...

We also joined the Reading Mission yesterday. Good luck!

July 25, 2006 10:54 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

I rather like the quilt, it feels very energetic and contemporary.

Thanks for your comments on the pictures, I am so pleased with the way they came out, there will be many more in the future I think.

July 26, 2006 8:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really fancied going to that Modigliani exhibition but coming up to London with three children makes me feel tired let alone what it will do to my purse. Sometimes I do miss living in London (I used to live in Battersea).

As for your son having a scrapbook I think it's a great idea. My childen have been doing them for years now and they love them (I blogged about it a couple of weeks ago so I won't bore you now!).

August 02, 2006 9:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home