Thursday, July 20, 2006

I'm mad...

it is official, what friends and family have no doubt known for sometime has now finally become apparent to me.


Who else would cook 36 fairy cakes in temperatures that nearly matches cakes for degrees centigrade? It was a Nigella recipe and each batch only made 12 cakes so I had to make three separate batches - I never trust the doubling or tripling up of baking recipes.

Which mad fool would then stand over a hot iron to do a freezer transfer onto a t-shirt?

Yep you guessed it - sorry no prizes. But I have to say I am very pleased with the results - the cakes are yummy and they don't all have to go into school so at least we get to enjoy some of the fruits of my labour. The t-shirt, a gift for someone, is looking good too.

In true Sesame Street style-ee this evening's blog has been brought to you by a glass of chilled Chilean Zinfandel rosé and the music of Richard Hawley.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

They look divine, I am off to do a little steamy baking myself now, msut be true what they say, mad dogs and englishmen and all that (of course I'm not English, or male, so a dog then?) We are celebrating the end of term with afternoon tea, cucumber sandwiches and everything, hurrah.

July 21, 2006 11:39 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dqnoawbHi there,
my name is Martina - I live in Wimbledon and have just discovered your blog. I am a passionate maker - but not a blogger.
Just to ease your mind - I have tripled Nigella's fairy cake recipe successfully - no problems at all!
Take care
Martina

November 24, 2006 2:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home