Tuesday, July 18, 2006

what a good day...

What a glorious summer's evening golden light glints off everything, swifts joyfully screech high in the sky, church bells are ringing and all is right within my little world (the bigger world at large is just too scary at the moment). The photograph is a view from my garret window - I love the sound of a garret it implies so much - but really it is just a modern loft conversion.

This morning was spent in Dorking and I acquired several metres of fabric to help lift my stash - it was in desperate need of enlivening and I hope this fabric will do just that.


Came home to discover the flat springs had arrived - I only ordered them yesterday! Unfortunately they are ever so slightly too long but a little jiggery-pokery will see them do the job I'm sure.


Then I discovered this in a local stationery store. Denyse Schmidt just isn't heard of here so to find an item from her product range is nigh on unheard of.


Also I discovered today who my vintage button swap partner is - so now to the tricky business of trying decide which buttons to send.

Here's to tomorrow being an even better day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oooh your fabric looks lovely, I am coveting. The spectacle case is lovely, I hope you get lots of pleasure from using it.

I think you are very calm to take a photograph of your visitor, I would have been shaking far too much, birds in the house terrify me although I have no objections to them outside. Well done for stayine serene.

July 19, 2006 12:30 pm  
Blogger weirdbunny said...

Love your new fabric. I was over at domesticalis and read your pool dilema. Go fill that paddling pool girl, it's why too hot to lisen to what the beraucrats are dictating!!!!

July 19, 2006 5:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home