Tuesday, July 25, 2006

definitely another lemonade day...

is it possible to become addicted to homemade/real lemonade. It seems to be just about the best thing to drink in this warm spell.

Tomorrow I will have to go and buy more lemons - the pips my husband planted 2 weeks ago have sprouted and are growing really well but I don't suppose they will fruit in time for another lemonade making session tomorrow!


Today I went into a couple of local charity shops - I love browsing but very rarely leave with anything it tends to be all too new or last years Richard and Judy bookclub books - it always makes me so envious to see thrift store purchases on other blogs or even more exciting yard sales and estate sales - they just don't exist like that here. So I was delighted to discover this book for £2.50
and it wasn't until I got home and looked at it properly that I discovered this wasn't loose pages but in fact a whole other book.

Both books are amazing in the detail they provide on how to create your own patterns or adapting paper patterns - I never realised there were at least 8 ways to make a pocket or that there were quite so many places you could put darts. I am now keen to get a copy of Mrs Natalie Bray's follow up book that deals with dress patterns.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cally said...

Ah the JOYS of real Lemonade!

Hi, it's Cally here, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, I had no idea you were a visitor before. I've made a rule not to be doing individual replies while I'm not well as it was taking up to 4 hours a day!

But I also have a rule to always visit the blog of anyone new who leaves a comment. Yours is nice and totally new to me which is a real treat, esp. as I have had to temp. give up reading blogs recently.

I left details about the shoes beside your comment on my blog, incase other people wanted details too. The shoes are from www.wonders.com but they don't make those ones anymore.

July 26, 2006 1:04 pm  
Blogger Ali said...

Top finds! And yes, lemonade IS addictive.

July 26, 2006 2:31 pm  
Blogger knittingingrid said...

Hey, Caroline - I've just discovered your blog - it's great! Do you fancy meeting up over the summer with the kids at some point?

July 26, 2006 3:07 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

We are guzzling the homemade lemonade too, so much nicer than anything you can buy.

I am so envious of your books, I have thrift envy too, my local shops have very poor pickings, the Americans seem to have fantastic things.

July 26, 2006 8:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home