Wednesday, August 16, 2006

hiatus interruptus ...


wow where does the time go? It has been ages since I have bothered to blog but I have been using my time wisely (honest). Such as buying little extravagances like the little lady above.

No really I have found it hard to do any serious crafting because of the holidays but I have enjoyed having the time to just browse blogs and gather inspiration from where ever.

I collected this book from the library this morning


I ordered it last week and was expecting a phone call to say that they couldn't find it. It had to come from another branch and quite often, although the catalogue says the book is there, it has not been put on the correct shelf and so becomes 'lost'. But I got an email yesterday to say it was ready for collection - yay!

This book has been popping up on quite a few blogs and I can now see why - it seems to cover everything you could ever need to know although some of the toys in it are quite sinister and scary looking.

I don't care if she made it into a Christmas issue of 'The Lady' she is scary.

My time has also been well spent catching up on my knitting and reading. I have been playing around with some patchwork and quilting ideas, some of which involve some really tiny pieces (very hard to machine sew).

and playing around with some embroidery ideas


An early evening ritual for my son and me has been watching the Studio Ghibli season on Film Four. Our favourite was definitely "My Neighbour Tortoro". They are such heart-warming films and the Japanese with subtitles proved no problem at all for a seven year old as the pictures really tell the story.

And my last bit of news that made me squeal with delight the other morning was finding out I won this. This from the girl who never wins anything. OK not quite true I remember winning a library competition when I was about 7 or 8 but I only came joint third which meant sharing the glory and the book token with someone else. If I remember rightly this meant that a £1 book token became a 50p book token. (Book Tokens in pence now that is going back some years).

I am also pleased to report that my bookswap parcel arrived safely.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ali said...

Like the look of your embroidery ideas.

August 16, 2006 10:12 pm  
Blogger Penny said...

You posted earlier that you wanted to go to the Festival of Quilts - have you decided to go?

A couple of bloggers will be meeting on Friday outside Subway at 2pm, so if you are there then, please come over and say "hello".

August 17, 2006 12:16 am  
Blogger Penny said...

Thanks for the reply, Caroline. School holidays can be really awkward for making "grown up" plans. DH has the day off tomorrow, so that's how I can get away.

August 17, 2006 3:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Caroline, I know this is an old post but I've just been flicking through your archives and came across this one...Myself and my daughter are watching "My neighbour Totoro" as I type. She is mesmerised by it and I don't hear a peep out of her while it's on. x

January 31, 2007 11:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home