Wednesday, August 09, 2006

crossing off ...

yippee - I have managed to get some of those things I was muttering about last time crossed off my to do list and boy does it feel good.

First up I wanted to make birthday cards for my mum and my aunt. The fabric was sat there yesterday but it was only today that I actually buckled down to it and got them done.


The one on the right is for my aunt and the one on the left for my mother (neither of them read my blog so I am fairly safe putting these pictures up). I like the way that they are 'grown up' birthday card badges. So much more sophisticated than a Tweenies, Thomas or I am 4 badge. I have to say the badges (or are they really brooches?) are thanks to Molly Chicken's fantastic tutorials.

I finally made it to the Post Office and so there is now a parcel winging its way to my bookswap partner. It was fun trying too choose a book to send and a little self-debating went on as to the merits of various books.

In my mundane little world my washing has been brought up to date courtesy of some fantastic drying weather, so that can now come off the list - I won't be adding ironing to the 'to do' list. I strongly feel that unless it is a special occasion or an item is really creased then the summer holidays are just too short for ironing. Well, not just the summer holidays but life is too short too. I hate ironing unless it is to aid my patchwork in which case I can iron up a storm.

Talking of patchwork (cheesy link) I found this book today at a local charity shop. It is from a 1972 exhibition at the Palais du Louvre, Paris.



Most of the pictures are black and white but there are several colour plates and for quilts created in the latter half of the 19th century/ beginning of the 20th several of them have a very modern look. Whoever owned the book before made little marks by some of the quilts - I wonder if they made them and if so where are they now?

Just as I am trying to cross things off my to do list these little ladies dropped through the letter box and added themselves to a list that just isn't getting any shorter.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The cards are lovely and remind me that I need to get card and gift making myself. Lovely fabric choices, I'm sure they will be appreciated.

August 09, 2006 11:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great idea to put on the cards - they look miles better than anything you buy.. The childen always make their own cards may be I should join them too...

August 10, 2006 8:50 am  
Blogger weirdbunny said...

Love the cars you made. How wonderful they are brooches too.

August 10, 2006 11:03 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home