Saturday, August 26, 2006

belated wip ..

aghh! Blogger has been messing me about. This post should have gone up yesterday but in the age old adage 'better late than never' here it is ....

I decided I wanted to develop my flower badge cards. So I went to bed thinking of ideas ready to conjure up some designs for Friday morning.

I used some of the Apple Pie fabric I purchased from the Quilt Room before the summer holidays descended. They use primary colours and are a lot more definite than fabrics I usually choose which tend to be on the wishy-washy side.

I like the smallness and compactness of this little badge. However, I ended up having to hand sew it as the petal pieces were just too small for me to manoeuvre through my machine. Unfortunately the hand stitching just isn't strong enough and far too time consuming. But, I think I have thought of a solution.

Also froggie now has a name - Yakul and a smile.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brilliant frog smile - he's got real personality. Flower is cute too - you chose some really great fabrics.

August 26, 2006 10:09 pm  
Blogger Soo said...

Your flower is so pretty! Love the fabrics too!

September 01, 2006 4:43 am  
Blogger Kate said...

I love your frog - great shape and features.

September 03, 2006 12:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home