Wednesday, September 06, 2006

oh boy...

today has been mad.

We are going away for a few days the main reason is my father-in-law's wedding. This has meant mad panic packing - clothing suitable for all conditions (you never can tell what the weather will do) plus wedding outfits.

In amongst all this I had my reading group this morning. We had read 'In Cold Blood' by Truman Capote - everyone was very favourable about it and I having read it I am now very keen to see 'Capote' on DVD.

Next up I had to collect the picture from the framers - it is the wedding present- they have done a really lovely job and I am really pleased I went with the larger frame. But it meant rushing to out to get more wrapping paper to cover it adequately.

In between all of this I have almost finished Mr Octopus - although I have to say I found it a complete pain trying to join all the legs to the body.


He just needs his face putting on and I have cut out all the bits and I will bring them with me to work on whilst I am away. Imagine the smile stitched on and this is what his face will look like

I think I will be seeing my nephew on Saturday - so he needs to be finished by then. I quite like the way he turned out.

The coat on the other hand I am not so sure about. It has turned out very purple and my son says it looks like Willy Wonka's coat (as in Johnny Depp rather than Gene Wilder). So I will need to think about it.

First up it needs a darn good pressing but I just don't have time for that at the moment.

I won't be posting anything whilst I am away as my parents (whom we are staying with) only have dial-up. So I am taking some of my Japanese crafting books with me to look through and work out patterns. And I am taking my knitting which must be finished before I start any new knitted projects.

Sorry if there are any really bad typos or glaring grammatical errors - but I was desperate to post and it is really being done whilst my mind is on several other things (have I packed the toothbrushes etc). I hope you get the jist of it all anyway and I hope have a lovely weekend.

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I rather like the purple, you've inspired me to try dyeing one of Dylan's old coats for Tilly. Yes, no doubt wearing your brother's coat is the very worst in hand-me-downs but it's worth a go.

Octopus is looking very cute, excellent job. Hope you have a lovely wedding and that the weather is dry at the very least.

September 06, 2006 8:19 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think the purple is lovely, but i've always been a fan of purple! the octopus is so cute - would love to see how you attached the legs - is there a circle to cover that up on the bottom?

September 06, 2006 8:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Caroline, did you see this?

Your coat made me think of it. Have a great weekend - Mr Octopus is a sweetie.

September 06, 2006 9:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. - Keep trying to e-mail you, but my messages are bouncing??

September 06, 2006 10:22 pm  
Blogger Kate said...

Fabulous octopus!

September 07, 2006 12:02 am  
Blogger Soo said...

What a cute octopus! I'm sure your nephew will love it!

September 07, 2006 2:54 am  
Blogger createacraft said...

I love the colour.. and the octopus..
looks so benevolent.. and happy..even without the smile..
the coat woud look so stylish with an all black or all cream suit..

September 07, 2006 1:03 pm  
Blogger dee said...

That octopus is too sweet- I love the cute colors!

September 07, 2006 9:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home