Friday, September 01, 2006

that time of the week again ...

and thoughts turn to work in progress. Today I am hoping to make some more little flower brooches - I think they would look really pretty on birthday and special greetings cards. I have even tracked down some envelopes especially designed for bulky cards. I resorted to CD and DVD mailers in the past which just looked too functional - if that makes sense. I will need to find out from the Post Office if they fall foul of the new postal guidelines. I think they should be OK as they will be under 100g and be thinner than 5mm (just).

I also intend to cast on and make this bag adapted from a MagKnits pattern by Liesl. A few months back I made a skirt using a tutorial Liesl had put together and I was really pleased with the results.

The penholder is finished. I don't think trying to stitch binding on at 11pm after a glass of wine was a wise idea.

It has ended up looking bodged and I think I made the binding too wide, it would benefit from being narrower. I haven't given up on it yet though - I plan to try another version. I think it would look good with accompanying accessories like a coin purse, key fob, tissue holder and that kind of thing.

Yesterday's look around other blogs was very interesting - as well as recommendations on blogs I used the Bloglines related links button to go and browse some new to me blogs. But it has made me realise that I really need to go through all my bookmarked blogs to try and prioritise which ones I look at. I am spending way too much time browsing not enough time doing.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sympathise with the 'too much time reading, not enough time doing' thing. But I just can't stop myself...

September 01, 2006 3:34 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

emmm...yes me too. I am totally addicted to blog reading! I love the red fabrics you have in the picture.

September 02, 2006 7:07 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I have tried to put bias binding on at too late and hour and after a glass of wine too. Actually at any hour binding and I don't get along the best. The pen holder idea is wonderful. As I was reading some of your other posts I saw the first one you made, it is lovely too. I love linen combined with patchwork. I look forward to seeing your flower brooches.

September 03, 2006 11:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home