Tuesday, September 19, 2006

working through my lists ...

I have finally decided on the trim for the purple coat. I am using some ribbon I already had and some that I bought the other day. I decided not to go with using fabric. Partly because I couldn't choose which fabric to use and partly because the thought of having to cut out fabric strips put me off.

I used some Bondaweb to adhere the three separate ribbons together to create one wide strip. This should also hopefully make it easier to attach to the coat. I am going to topstitch the ribbon to the coat rather than just relying on the Bondaweb.

As far as the the dress goes I haven't cut out the pattern yet and after reading Alicia's post I am stealing myself. Especially as I plan to line the skirt to prevent any static cling and I am also planning to bind the seams. Well those are the plans and we know what can happen to those, even those best laid ones. I may have bitten off more than I can chew - I daren't mention that I may have to make my own binding as I have been unable to find satin binding in the right colour.

Yesterday I worked on completing the place mat for my swap with Anna. I also made a little something else which I hope will be useful to her. I won't post pictures in case it spoils any surprise. My part of the swap, one of Anna's lovely prints, arrived this morning - it is beautiful and I feel very lucky.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In awe of all those crafty projects... I can barely thread a needle.
cheers, g

September 20, 2006 12:49 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that trim is lovely - it'll look beautiful!

September 20, 2006 5:33 am  
Blogger createacraft said...

I love this follow-up of the coat.. and the little birds are cute..
hshall we see a picture of the finished coat on you??..would love to..
enjoy

September 20, 2006 11:42 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the coat is going to look fantastic! Can't wait to see the final result.

September 20, 2006 12:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home