Friday, September 15, 2006

that to do list just grows and grows ..

Hurray! I found some Viyella fabric that I think, and hope, will make a lovely dress. I am really excited about getting started on it, however, I have learnt from bitter experience not to jump in all guns blazing. I will plan to wait until Monday to cut the fabric out. I will have more space to spread out and little to interrupt my concentration as I chant my mantra - "measure twice cut once". The fabric wasn't cheap so that panics me and I then there are the checks to worry about so a clear head is definitely called for.

I also got some ribbon - the giant rick rack (or is it ric rac?) was a discontinued item so the colours were very disappointing. Instead I opted for some petersham which I may team with Kirsten's idea of using a fabric strip. Oh and I have been spelling VV Rouleaux wrong, I have been missing out the 'a' - the shame, the shame.

As well as the dress being added to my w.i.p list I am also adding these cute guys. I have also promised to make a quilt for my sister as a housewarming gift - she (fingers crossed) gets the keys for her first home next Friday. And my mum has requested a table cloth for her dining table something bright and cheery and Cath Kidston-y but without the price tag. Then there is the placemat for Anna which I am still trying to finish which must get into the post at the beginning of the week.

Next week looks like it could be busy ...

3 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Can't wait to see the finished dress! Love that pattern, I just bought one a bit like it.

September 15, 2006 11:27 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay! can't wait to see the coat! and your dolls - a couple will be headed our way come Christmas.

September 16, 2006 1:43 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Certainly sounds like your week is going to be a busy one... so many wonderful projects on the boil!
see you, g

September 18, 2006 1:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home