Tuesday, September 12, 2006

tute tuesday (or not) ...

Today was meant to be "tute Tuesday". As I am not doing my printing class this term I thought I would carry on trying to learn something on Tuesday mornings. The plan was to sit down and work through the Photoshop book. Yeah right, best laid plans and all that.

Instead I had a visitor bearing gifts. A friend of my Aunt's came over to my neck of the woods to go to Stash Yarns and she called in for coffee and to bequeath some of her fabric stash to me.

There are lots of different colours, patterns, fibres - plains, spots, stripes, plaids, florals of all hues and tones. Some pieces are quite small others are larger and a lot of them hold special memories so I feel very honored to have them.

I have been thinking that I would like to get some containers to stash all the small pieces of fabric in. All separated into their different colour families - oh so very Denyse Schmidt. She has huge metal containers but I think I could probably get away with some small plastic ones.

Also in my thoughts - the purple coat and I am coming round to the vividness of it but I think it needs some embellishing. I am thinking of two stripes jumbo rick rack one in a grey and the other in a pinky colour attached to the cuffs and hem. I feel a trip to vv rouleux coming on...

5 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

That fabric looks amazing! What a great stash.

September 13, 2006 10:26 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I hope you made her a very special cup of coffee!

Rick rack on your coat sounds like a great idea - I predict a ton of "Where did you get that?" questions.

September 13, 2006 12:57 pm  
Blogger createacraft said...

the fabrics are great..but me ..
I became a fan of the purple coat.. would like very much how it ends up.. did you see my purple coloured quilt..

September 14, 2006 1:19 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ric rac could work, definitely. Or maybe a thin strip of fabric - fusible appliqued? I think it's great how it is, too - you will definitely be asked 'Where did you get that?' - a lot. such a pretty coat! :)

September 14, 2006 1:52 pm  
Blogger Flibbertygibbet said...

A stash of fabric, and Stash Yarns - too much fun! VV Rouleaux is just such a huge temptation, my DH used to work on Marylebone High Street and I loved to dive in there...

September 16, 2006 8:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home