Monday, September 25, 2006

sun, sea and sewing ...

I think Mondays are destined to be housework days. All the clearing away, sorting out and straightening up after the weekend and as a result there is not much craftiness occurring. At least I finally managed to post the thank you bag so hopefully the recipient should receive it in the next day or so.

On Saturday I went to the Quilt Room and bought nothing very exciting. My haul included: quilting needles, a binding maker, Micron pens in black and pink, half a meter of a floral fabric that took my fancy, some batting and 6 meters of 108" wide calico for various projects including the quilt I have in mind for my sister. The good news is that she got the keys to her new house on Friday but there is no rush on the quilt - phew.

The shop was really rather busy so it was quite hard to browse without getting in the way of other people or indeed them getting in my way. So I beat a hasty retreat after purhasing my goodies. As a special anniversary gift they were giving away Quilt Room keyrings. It is one of those useful ones that has the detachable pound coin token for using in shopping trolleys.

Then with the sun beaming we decided to carry on down the A24 to Worthing. Not the most picturesque of seaside towns and the beach is very pebbley. But with bags of chips filling our tummies and salty sea air filling our lungs it couldn't be beaten.

I hadn't brought my camera with me (doh!) so this photo was taken with my husband's mobile phone.

Now I really must sit down now and update my 'to do' list and try and prioritise my projects. And there is now another book to add to my wish list. Too many lists so little time.

4 Comments:

Blogger createacraft said...

how the coasts look empty..
it is the same in here.. deserted seasides.. crowded shops.. streets..
nice weekend ..
I hope you have a nice and productive week..

September 25, 2006 5:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - you were very self restrained in the shop! I've spent my Monday on errands and cleaning too, but sadly, you wouldn't necassarily guess.

September 25, 2006 6:33 pm  
Blogger paper-and-string said...

hi, I live in Worthing, but the other side of the pier!! now....where is this quilt shop I don't know about???? i really need to go there!!

September 26, 2006 8:27 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Walks by the sea are great for clearing out the cobwebs... even without the camera.
see you, g

September 27, 2006 4:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home