Friday, September 29, 2006

on a roll ...

Sorry, yesterday's post was a bit miserable and self-pitying. So I have spent today getting my act together. I cracked on with all the housework this morning and finally made it to the post office to post the 'thank you' bag off - so that is two items with nice big ticks beside them.

I have decided on the ribbon to use and have more or less got the brooch finished and I plan to post it on Monday - another big tick. Oooh I am liking all these ticks.

This afternoon I sat down and made my knitting needle roll. So now I should be able to find them more easily. I have been known to go and buy a duplicate pair of needles just to save me the agony of trying to find the correct pair but not any more.
The outer fabric is an Amy Butler fabric and the inner fabric is yellow with cream dots.
The top flaps over to stop the needles falling out of the roll and it all ties together with some ribbon. I also sandwiched some batting in the middle to help give it some structure and to stop it feeling too boney. So yay that's another big tick.
Another tick coming up .. I pre-ordered the Crafter's Companion book. It contains projects by fellow bloggers whom I admire and I can't wait for it to arrive. The website shows a sneaky peak of some of the projects just in case you need anymore coaxing.

Out of the blue my bulbs arrived, all 225 of them. I ordered them a couple of months ago now and had more or less forgotten about them.
There is a mix of narcissi and early and late flowering tulips. The majority are for the garden and going into pots. The rest of the bulbs are for some Christmas present ideas I have, but won't divulge here in case of prying eyes. So this weekend, if the rain stops, I think I will get planting. However, if it is too wet then I will use the time to go through the seed catalogue and fill out my order. Another set of potential ticks.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're going to have a busy weekend if it stops raining! Love your knitting roll fabric/ribbon combination - it looks great. I love it when functional and beautiful come together.

September 29, 2006 7:38 pm  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I love the needle roll! Excellent choice of fabric combination. Good luck with all those ticks this weekend! I hope to be able to cross off a couple of my own to-do list. Funny how it never seems to get shorter, only longer.

September 29, 2006 9:09 pm  
Blogger createacraft said...

this knitting roll is..on my list for some time.. I have one.. but it doesn't overcome my needs..
I will join you soon.. with a new one..but I don't know if I will find such a beautiful fabric..
enjoy your weekend..

September 30, 2006 7:17 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous knitting roll and I lkove the fabric too. Must have helped clear your head a little getting the needles sorted.

September 30, 2006 10:51 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your needle roll. I made one a few months ago because I had the same problem. I would go and buy more needles just so I didn't have to look for the ones I knew I had *somewhere*. Now they are all neatly in one place. I also added a larger pocket on mine so I have my stitch holders/markers and everything in one place. It's made a huge difference. I love your fabric choice!!

September 30, 2006 10:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That knitting needle roll is a great idea - making one is going straight onto my list of things to do! Really like your blog by the way - I've just subscribed and have also added it to the blogroll on my site.

October 01, 2006 8:41 am  
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

Hi
I'm new here :-) Love your knitting roll, great fabrics. I too have lists as long as your arm and sadly few ticks, ho hum!

October 01, 2006 8:57 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The fabric you have used for the needle roll is just gorgeous! I love it. :)

October 01, 2006 7:07 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your knitting needle roll. It's much prettier than mine!
The bulbs look exciting too. This is our first spring in our house, and all our bulbs have come out this week- loads of freesia and bluebells and narcissi. There's nothing nicer, when you open the window in the morning!

October 02, 2006 2:21 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your knitting needle roll looks great! love the colors!

October 06, 2006 3:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home