Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I would like to thank ...

all of you for all the lovely comments about the dress, they gave me such a confidence boost. My husband confessed to me today that he had been concerned about my choice of fabric thinking I might look like a chav. I hadn't even thought that the slight Burberry-esque check might lead to this impression. Apparently, and rather luckily, the finished article doesn't make him think of a chav so I can wear it safe with that knowledge - phew.

Here's a quick flash of the lining.
My second thank you goes to Miss Flibbertygibbet for this wonderful gift.
Dolly (or should that be 'ie') mixture stitch markers. A really brilliant idea and they make me smile. They came in a cute little bag in Dolly Mixture striped fabric.

I have now added another knitting project to my ever growing 'to do' list. Thanks to Atelier 455 I now know about these wee hats. Sounds like a good way to use up some odds and ends of yarn and help a good cause.

Tomorrow morning before I go to work (how weird does that sound?!) I have a coffee morning with some mums from school. So this afternoon I made some melting moments, from the new Rachel Allen book, to take with me.

Anyway, must go to bed early tonight .... I have that new shoes and pencil case feeling. Which brings me to my final thank you, for all the good luck and congratulations wishes for the new job.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I am howling with laughter, a chav? The cheek. Why do they come out with these things??? Dress looks fantastic, not chav at all! It very much reminds me of one I like in the Boden catalogue but I actually prefer your fabric take on it.

Congratulations on the job, how long is it since you worked in the "outside world". I bet it will feel fantastic to spend the morning in grown up surroundings, talking about normal things instead of discussing the merits of various Power Rangers. Good luck.

October 11, 2006 10:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your'e so talented making a dress AND lining it. Wow. Good luck with your new job. It'll be nice to be out of the house and not thinking about anything home or family focused for a few hours - lucky you.

October 11, 2006 10:31 pm  
Blogger knittingingrid said...

Gorgeous dress - wear it with pride! Good luck with the job - don't forget to drop by on a Wednesday with us knitters!

October 12, 2006 6:08 pm  
Blogger dee said...

thats a beautiful dress, pretty for Fall.

Congratulations on your new job too, best wishes!

October 13, 2006 7:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home