Monday, October 02, 2006

busy, busy, busy ...

I think I am ready to proclaim today a success.

The first task I had set myself was to try and come up with an idea for my sister's quilt and I think I have settled on an idea that both she and I like.

She is buying the green fabrics as she has seen two she really likes. I have drawn out a little plan and made up my plastic templates and can set about cutting out the calico. That way I am already to go when the green fabrics arrive.

And ta da!!
I have cut out all the pieces for the dress I have been planning to make for ages now. I just need to sit down tomorrow and mark all the balance points. Then I can take off the paper pattern pieces and get stitching. I am tempted to carry on now but my I am tired, it's getting late and I know that way lies tears, tantrums and heartache. Much better to pick up with a clear and refreshed head.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exciting to see your pattern taking shape. I've just been round at a friends house where she has been teaching me about patterns using a skirt for her 4 year old as practice. You pin the corners just as she showed me. There's nothing like hands on experience is there?

October 02, 2006 9:38 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ah yes, I should have downed tools last night, but I continued which is why this afternoon will be spent ripping seams.....

Looking forward to seeing that dress, I really love the pattern and fabric.

October 03, 2006 12:09 pm  
Blogger createacraft said...

how can patterns and metric paper look so artsy??
let it be easy for you.. enjoy your sewing.. and happy owner of the dress..

October 03, 2006 3:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home