Sunday, October 01, 2006

it's raining, it's pouring ...

What atrocious and mixed up weather we have had this weekend. Thunder, lightening, torrential rain and then glorious hot sunshine then quick as a flash back to the rain.

As a result there was no planting of bulbs (no tick) so I am hoping for better luck during the week. However, the Thompson and Morgan catalogue has been fully perused and my list of desires drawn up (tick).

The weekend has also been taken up with sorting stuff. All this rain led to a leak in our kitchen ceiling so my husband went into the back attic to see if he could see what the problem was. Of course he could find nothing wet or even damp up there and it hasn't leaked again (yet). So it must only happen when the wind blows in a certain direction.

At least it meant we cleared out that attic (a bit). And we cleared out the under-eaves storage too. We went to take some of the items to the storage unit but forgot that they close at 2pm on Sundays and we don't pay for 24 hour access so that was a wasted journey. The bonus was that I found a lot of stuffing I had forgotten I had - roll on Olive and Archie.

I have also been trying to catch up on my correspondence by replying to all the comments that have been made. I've done quite well but I can't trace email address for some people so sorry if you haven't had a reply from me yet. (75% of a tick).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My comment for you is.... gutters. We had a mystery leak like this in our old house after very heavy rain and it turned out to be not the roof, but the gutters, which were full of leaves and other gunk, causing water to pour down the wall and seep into the kitchen. Just a thought.

October 02, 2006 5:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home