Friday, October 20, 2006

yahoo it's the weekend ...

First full week of work done and dusted and I am now really looking forward to the weekend. I have nothing planned except to relax. Although I would like to put the garden to bed for the winter, if it stays dry. I also have a lot of email correspondence to catch up with so I plan to do that as well.

The good news is that after my moan the other day, I have started to finally get some things ticked off my crafting to do list. I obviously just had to get all the negative vibes out of my system in order to move on and sorry you guys got a good dose of my self pity but my family have really suffered the brunt of it.

So on with the good news stuff. I made another little flower badge as a very belated thank you present and it is now wending its merry way across land and sea.

It feels so much better to have that ticked off, it had been taunting me for too long.

I also re-did the hem on my dress as I hadn't been happy with it. And yay! I finally wore the dress today. Other mum's in the playground at pick up were very complimentary about it although I didn't 'fess up and tell them I had made it myself. For some reason I always get embarrassed saying I have made something myself. Silly, I know, but true. But their kind comments made me very happy.

My sister sent me samples of the fabric she bought for the quilt I am going to make for her.

They are lovely and muted and should go really well with plain calico. I will collect the fabric from her the next time I see her so I won't be starting the quilt for a wee while.

There were another two lots of happy post this week. These gorgeous little tags arrived from Kirsten on Thursday.Second happy post was the arrival of the book my mum and dad had ordered for me, "Knit 2 Together" by Tracey Ullman. I haven't had time to look at it properly but I will enjoy relaxing this evening with a glass of wine and a perusal. I love coming home from work and finding post, other than bills and credit card applications, waiting for me. I am hoping the Crafters' Companion will arrive soon too.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the flower it's gorgeous and nice tags too - lucky you. I can't get my head around Tracey Ullman a) being a big star in America, b) disappearing from us and c) being a knitter. I just keep seeing her as a comedienne and singing 'they don't know about love' or whatever the title was. I miss her.

October 21, 2006 8:17 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me again, aren't you on half term yet? We broke up yesterday.

October 21, 2006 8:17 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That flower badge is beautiful. Re. the yellow buddleia at Willow House, sorry I don't know what variety it is. I bought it at a WI plant stall along with one for Stuart's aunt. I had never actually seen one in flower but she had been looking for one so I thought I would give it a try as well. We also have the "railway" variety. Hope your weekend goes well, have fun.

October 21, 2006 9:22 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

The flower badge is lovely, funnily enough I am working on a flower thingy too at the moment but quite different colours. I really like the fabrics you have used and yet they are very
different to the sort of thing I think I like, perhaps I need to broaden my outlook.

I listened to Tracy Ullman on Womens Hour recently, I hadn't realised until then that she was a knitter. I still always connect her with Not the Nine O'Clock News, all those years ago... Will be interested to hear what your think of her book.

October 21, 2006 10:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray for a week of work being 'done & dusted'... hope the weekend proves to be as relaxing as you'd hoped. Love the idea of putting the garden to bed for the winter too. Here it never quite gets that cold.
cheers, grache

October 22, 2006 11:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home