Thursday, November 02, 2006

early to bed ...

Well here I am at 8.30 already in my PJs. What can I say I am shattered, it has been a long week and boy am I glad tomorrow is Friday. An early night is definitely called for.

I think work has been stressing me out too much - but I feel much calmer this evening. The reason for this change of disposition?. Well, I sat down this afternoon and drew some ideas I have had. Just little pencil sketches nothing particularly impressive, drawing really isn't my forte but it felt so good. I know I have said it before about creativity reducing my stress levels but I just don't think I ever really believed myself. I do now.This Christmas I have high ideas of making a lot of my presents and so some of the sketches were for those. Then this morning I suddenly had a vision of a bag I would like to try and make so I sketched that out too. I also need to get on with making my Christmas cards. I have my ideas and hope that when I meet up with Ali on Saturday I will get to purchase some of the bits and bobs I need to see them through to fruition. For the last ten or so years my husband and I have made our own Christmas cards - a rod we well and truly made!

I just dropped that in casually didn't I, did you notice? I am meeting Ali this Saturday. She is coming into London to meet up and get some shopping in. VV Rouleaux is on the list, Blade Rubber and if we happen to pass a Camper shoe shop then that may well get a look in too. I have figured out that there is definitely one within striking distance. I am really looking forward to meeting Ali but I must confess to being a little nervous too. It is just the way I am - I do tend to get worried about meeting new people for all sorts of reasons.

8 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Have fun shopping with Ali! Have a lovely relaxing weekend.

November 03, 2006 3:28 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how fun! jealous - i'm sure you and Ali will have a ball.

November 03, 2006 4:03 am  
Blogger Soo said...

Looks like you have some interesting projects ahead! Enjoy your weekend and happy shopping!

November 03, 2006 6:47 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's okay, I promise to file my fangs before I come!

There is something great about planning things out on paper isn't there? Do I spy oven gloves in your future?

November 03, 2006 6:49 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about having a mostly handmade Christmas too. I've made a small start by getting my knitting needles out and stocking up on wool, so we'll see how things go!

Have a great time on Saturday - it sounds like shopping heaven.

November 03, 2006 6:59 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurrah it's Friday - I work full time too so I do understand how stressy it can be! I also draw, it really helps putting things on paper and doodling plans for future craft projects.

November 03, 2006 11:36 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I have to be honest I'm jealous. You're going to VV Rouleaux and meeting up together. Oh what fun you'll have.I was planning on meeting plainandsimple at the Knitting and Stitching show and I remember being a bit nervous. Sadly, it didn't work out.

Also I am a loon who makes her own christmas cards too and every year I say what shall I do this year and why oh why don't I just buy them. It's worth it though.

November 03, 2006 9:21 pm  
Blogger Sean Carter said...

Great!! Have fun!!Meanwhile u can jus peep into my Holiday Blog for some cool and innovative stufff...

November 13, 2006 7:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home