Wednesday, November 15, 2006

working the whole day through ...

Honestly, I haven't been sitting here busy doing nothing. Although the extended silence may suggest otherwise. Nope, things have been ticking along nicely.

I have been working on this apron and I finished it last night but had to wait for this morning and the hope of some decent light.

The pom-pom trim was purchased from VV Rouleaux when I was out on the town with Ali.

I have also got the pieces together for a matching oven mitt using the insul-bright that arrived a couple of weeks ago.

I just need to scale up the pattern by 400%. Easier said than done. I don't have access to a photocopier and I am hopeless at scaling things by hand. So here's hoping the scanner will come up trumps.

Both items have been made using patterns in the Denyse Schmidt book.

Plans are also afoot to go to the Cabbages and Frocks market on Saturday to see Flibbertygibbet who has her own stall there over the next few weeks. It is also a great excuse to head up to Marylebone High Street.

Now I really must get on with the Christmas cards ....

5 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Great apron! I have had stuff sitting there to make oven mitts for ages, you might inspire me to do it - great colours you have used!

November 15, 2006 11:32 pm  
Blogger Soo said...

What a great apron!! The fabrics look perfect together....can't wait to see the matching oven mitt.

November 15, 2006 11:55 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lovely Caroline, I really like those colours, pinks and greens are one of my favourite combinations. Of course now I want that book. Sigh, sometimes blogging is very bad for me....

November 16, 2006 1:29 pm  
Blogger Ferret said...

What a neat idea, and very pretty.

November 16, 2006 8:31 pm  
Blogger Sarah said...

Ha! I'm making those two patterns for people for Christmas, but I'd not heard of insul-bright. I also had the same thought about the pompom trim on the mitts - asking for trouble.

Oh, and yours are lovely!

November 21, 2006 10:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home