Wednesday, November 08, 2006

packets and pom poms...

This morning I went for my usual Wednesday morning run with a couple of mums from school. We just run along the tow path beside the river - it is not too far and it is a social opportunity as well as the only exercise I do every week.

Anyway, I got home to find packages on my doormat. A fantastic surprise packet from Flibbertygibbet, containing this wonderful fabric. I love the patterns and colour.

The winter Toast catalogue also arrived - mmm I love their clothes so much. Yesterday I got some lovely 'thank you' post from Ali - one of her Christmas organisers that were such a hit at her craft fair.
Before work today, I legged it to the library to pick up the Clare Garland book "Toys to Sew" that I had ordered. I have had a quick glimpse through it and it has some lovely ideas in it though it isn't quite what I hoped it would be. It goes so far but not far enough but then I guess it wouldn't have so much commercial appeal. Maybe what I was hoping it would be is an updated and more modern looking version of the Rudi de Sarigny book. However, having said that there are some lovely projects that I can definitely see myself adapting.

I'll leave you with the pom poms my son and I made last night. I don't know quite why but he got a notion to make pom poms and so with nothing else to take up our time we sat and watched Blue Peter and wound wool round some Clover pom pom makers - et voila!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love a good fuzzy pom pom.

November 09, 2006 10:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pom poms are fun, haven't watched Blue Peter in ages, must take a look again soon.

November 09, 2006 11:56 pm  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Great fabric - what a lovely surprise.

November 10, 2006 8:04 pm  
Blogger Suzy ~ lorenzstudio said...

The orange and white fabrics are so fun!

November 11, 2006 6:11 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hold on a second... you WEEKLY go for a run?

Respect. And I thought I was good because I stopped having nappies downstairs so I'm forced to climb up to his room to change him...

Oh dear.

Lovely fabric by the way.

November 13, 2006 4:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i LOVE LOVE LOVE the toast catalogue - just wish it wasn't quite so expensive, so that i could buy as well as dream!

November 14, 2006 5:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home