Monday, December 18, 2006

oh dear, oh dear, oh dear ...

the blogging momentum I built up at the beginning of last week seemed to have dissipated by the end of the week. But I had a good excuse - honest. I have been desperately trying to finishing making the Christmas presents that I had such high ideas of.

Now last Thursday I promised a photo of the quilted hot bot cover I had made as a Christmas gift - so in order to keep my promise (if a little belatedly) here it is. The front is machine-pieced and hand quilted.

The back is just a plain yellow cotton flannel.

And I've used velcro to fasten the cover.
The design is from the Denyse Schmidt book but I have played around with the piecing and had to adjust the sizing.

On Saturday my parents came for a quick visit - and came bearing gifts. Ribbon and buttons from the Smedley factory shop. I love the ribbon colours a lilac and a sort of chartreuse colour - this could become my favourite colour combination.

I spent a pleasant couple of hours sorting through the buttons and putting them away in jars, it was incrediably theraputic.

I love these pink ones

Oh and I also received my Moo cards - I had ordered them on the 11th December and they arrived on the 14th - how quick is that? and I love them.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Love the cover - great colours, very cute!

December 18, 2006 10:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I showed a decoration that I made out of buttons yesterday. You'll be able to make loads of them with all those...

December 21, 2006 3:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the look of quilting too, another activity to try in the New Year ... and a hot water bottle cover is exactly what I need in this weather, and a nice small sized project to start off with.

December 23, 2006 2:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home