Monday, December 11, 2006

oh Christmas tree ...


Yesterday we got our Christmas tree - so let the festivities commence!

We don't usually get a tree until our son has broken up for the Christmas holidays but this year we thought what the heck. The weather is grey and miserable so a pretty tree all lit up and decorated is the best way to lift spirits and start the Christmassy feeling welling up.

There are still lots of Christmas presents to make and buy but I am not going to panic myself about that - I am sure I can get everything done in the next 14 days! I have also seen alot of gorgeous ideas I would like to try out like Heather Bailey's yo-yo garlands or the lovely Little Birds soft Christmas trees and Anna Maria Horner's owl ornament and then there's Liesl's mitten ornaments too but I think have to rein myself in. No more new ideas until I have completed the tasks in hand. Maybe in the New Year I should just get a headstart on Christmas 2007.

A big thank you to everyone who convinced me that feeling guilty was just a waste of time and effort. And as pointed out it is better to actually blog. So this is my concerted effort to post more regularly as I realise I have been too sporadic recently.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, well said, there is no reason to feel guilty, everyone who blogs knows how lovely it is to get comments and that sometimes it just isn't possible to reply to all. I struggle with this all the time too.

Lovely to see your tree up, we are thinking of putting ours up earlier than normal too, we desperately need some light and colour around here.

December 11, 2006 8:06 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We got ours at the weekend too, but it's 'resting' in the garage. Quite frankly after wrestling it into the stand I had no Christmas Cheer left. Maybe this week...

December 12, 2006 6:58 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure I can get everything done in the next 14 days, as well, I am, honestly, really. Actually I think next year we should all start blogging about Christmas round about August to give us time to actually make some of those lovely Christmas things on show at the moment.
BTW - tree looks great.

December 12, 2006 1:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our family tradition is to put up the tree on 13th December, all ready for my daughters birthday the following day.

December 23, 2006 2:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home