Tuesday, December 19, 2006

eeeeeek ...

mice!

My son broke up from school today and as a little gift for his classmates we made lots of those Martha Stewart candy cane mice. Yes, I am one of those mothers who will dose your kids up with sugar and then watch them head off home hyped up to kingdom come.

The candy cane tails didn't sit too securely in their mice bodies so they had to be bagged up to save lost tail tears.

In other news, the Christmas present for my nephew is finished. He is a keen little 5 year old artist so here is an artists bag. Made of denim and lined with a lime green fabric. It is worn across your body like an old fashioned satchel.
Then inside are a few artist's essentials, paper, colouring book and pen roll.

Here's that pen roll again.
With so many pens and pencils it is quite a bulky affair but you can never have enough pens. I decided to fasten it with velcro as tieing a ribbon can prove tricky for little hands.

Now I have to get on with finishing a pair of knitted socks. Luckily it is a very simple pattern so I should be able to get it done before Christmas. Then again it is only 5 days away.

If you fancy joining a swap and fabric and patchwork are your thing then pop over to Flibbertygibbet and check out her January Strip.

8 Comments:

Blogger dee said...

oh, love those little mice, such a sweet idea!

and that pen roll is too cute, the color choices are wonderful ;)

December 19, 2006 11:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, what a nice gift! the pencil roll is really amazing. he'll love it, i'm sure!

December 19, 2006 11:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

those mice are adorable!!!

December 20, 2006 2:44 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cute mice :)
they should be put in little baggies. too cute to get dirty!

December 20, 2006 6:33 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh the mice are adorable, they worked out really well. I love the artist bag, he will be delighted I should think.

December 20, 2006 5:53 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those mice, I never seen them any where else. So original !!!

Have a wonderful christmas. What an exciting time of year this is. I've re-opened my blog and have started posting again. Yes I know I gave up but I just can't resist!

December 21, 2006 3:01 pm  
Blogger Ferret said...

I see mice in my future.I just hope I remember them long enough. So cute.

December 30, 2006 10:33 pm  
Blogger Digital Professional said...

wow, realy thats great gift for someone.i really love it. all people like that.

June 02, 2007 9:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home