Saturday, January 06, 2007

Epiphany ...

I had my own little epiphany today - just to spend the afternoon quilting whilst watching 'Charade', the housework can wait. It feels good to be back to the handquilting there is nothing you can do but sit there and enjoy the luxury of relaxing. The other little epiphany is discovering the Clover chacopel pencil. I have tried lots of different things for marking quilt tops - fabric pencils, air erasable pen, masking tape and this Clover pencil is the best by far.

Anyway, true to Twelth Night tradition the tree and decorations have all come down, I don't wish to induce any bad luck so soon into a new year.

Also as a special treat I bought a Galette de Rois from a local French bakery to have today. Who will find the feve and become king for the day?

In an effort to cheer up a grey wet day I also bought some pretty little flowers. I am looking forward to Spring. The seeds that I spent New Year's Eve ordering arrived today so in a month or so I can start transforming every window ledge into a nursery for seedlings. I also ordered three blueberry bushes and a lingonberry which should be despatched soon. It was a very fruitful (pun intended) way to spend New Year's Eve.

I have something exciting coming in the post and I think it will be delivered on Monday. I unreasonably thought it might come today but it isn't a working day and they don't make deliveries so Monday it will be. Ooooo I'm so excited, I hope to goodness it measures (another intended pun) up to my expectations.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I should have bought flowers, yesterday. it was such a dismal day and I could have done with cheering up. Thanks for sharing yours - lovely vase too.

January 07, 2007 8:25 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am hankering for spring too, my heart leapt a little when I spied some daffodil leaves beginning to poke through the soil. My thoughts have been turning to seed planting too, I love messing with little trays of compost and eagerly awaiting the little shoots, so cheering on these dark days.

Off to look for one of those pencils now...

January 07, 2007 7:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, lovey, nice ta meet ya! I am so glad you commented on my blog- have I seen you around Flickr, aren't you one of my contacts? Maybe I have visited you and forgotten... anyway, thank you for de lurking and saying hi...I wanted to tell you that I also love Charade and Audrey and Cary together are sublime...I hope we get to see pics of the quilt...happy sewing! Cheerio! Calamity Kim

January 12, 2007 11:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home