Monday, January 08, 2007

she's here ...

Do you remember the parcel I was expecting? Well it arrived this morning and lo and behold in the box was this little lady.

Yes siree bob, that dress form I was talking about buying with my first wage packet well after a bit of research I found a company in Kent who make and sell them direct. So I placed an order at the beginning of January and it came today. And after a wee bit of assembly I am as pleased as punch with her.

With the expectation that my little lady would arrive today, yesterday, I finally cut out the pattern pieces for the Built by Wendy shirt I have been planning to make. I hope to get down to sewing it over the next few days.

Yesterday was also spent trying to teach myself how to crochet, there are no pictures of my rubbish attempts. I find the instructions in books too confusing so I think I need to find someone who would be willing to teach me some basics. I love the essence and practicality of crocheting too much to fall at the first hurdle.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are going to be busy what with dress making and chochet. Envious of your Epithany cake, hope it tasted good, we didn't have one but I did watch Charade.

January 08, 2007 10:09 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oooh, I am so jealous. I have been toying with the idea of getting one for ages, it would certainly make things so much easier. Enjoy your new companion!

January 08, 2007 10:12 pm  
Blogger Kate said...

Another jealous person - can't wait to see how the shirt turns out - I just ordered her book.

January 08, 2007 10:14 pm  
Blogger Soo said...

how wonderful! can't wait to see all your dressmaking creations!

January 09, 2007 8:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm exactly the same with crochet - just cannot get my head around the instructions. Yet, if someone just shows me the basic steps I'm fine. Weird. I'll send Amber around to help you - I'm sure she'd love a few days in London although she might prefer looking around the shops!

January 10, 2007 9:46 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Caroline,
great minds think alike, well not quite, but I am planning to get an old tailor's dummy from my old company over to our house to help me with my sewing.
With regards to crocheting, I am more than happy to teach the basics, if me showing you how to do it would help?
Let me know, you are in Putney, I am in Wimbledon.

Martina

January 10, 2007 2:08 pm  
Blogger Samantha said...

Wow - I am jealous. I have been eyeying one of those for ages.

Lucky you!

January 10, 2007 4:17 pm  
Blogger Penny said...

It took me a while to get the hang of crotchet: I just couldn't manage it on my own from books. However, having tried from books, I only needed a little guidance to get things right. FWIW, a crotchet hook and ball of wool are really portable, so you can carry them with you to places where you might get some advice, without feeling like you are lugging a huge amount around.

January 10, 2007 9:08 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And another jealous one! It looks wonderful - a nice 'body' which is fully adjustable and also a great stand!

Will email you about crochet...h

January 11, 2007 10:43 am  
Blogger Dannielle said...

That is such a nice dress form! Congratulations on your new lady friend!!

January 11, 2007 6:08 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm not an expert, but I can teach you the basic when we next meet up... is that ok?

January 11, 2007 8:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lucky you! that's a gorgeous form. happy sewing!

January 12, 2007 8:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home