Friday, January 12, 2007

B is for ...

Bleeauh, which is how I was feeling at the beginning of the week as an upset stomach wiped me out. I am not usually a sicky person but since I started work I seem to have come down with all sorts of bugs. And I thought school kids were the generous ones

Behind, which is what I now am. So many things to do, so little time and a bout of illness really didn't help at all.

Blouse, which despite the above I have actually started - yay! I have made the body and the sleeves but I haven't set the sleeves in yet. I have to do the buttonholes on the cuffs before I set the sleeves in.

Buttons, which is the reason I haven't done the buttonholes yet. Before I can do them I have to choose which buttons to use. I have four choices and I just can't make up my mind - any ideas?

Beautiful fabric. It is a Liberty Tana Lawn and it is gorgeous to work with. I was a bit wary initally as it can sometimes be slippy and hard to manipulate but not this time. Thank goodness because it certainly wasn't cheap and I would have be very upset if I had bodged it. Actually I better not speak to soon - it's not finished yet.

Big difference which is what having the dress form has made. It is fantastic to be able to put the pieces on realistic body shape. I had always relied on a wooden hanger hanging from a door which was not good.

This weekend I need to play catch up and start cutting some noodles for the January strip swap. They need to be in the post by next Friday and that will come around quickly enough.

Also, thank you for all the offers of help with crochet. I think at the moment I need to concentrate on my other projects at the moment .... but I will be touch.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like all of those buttons, but am drawn to the blue ones. the blouse looks nice!

January 12, 2007 10:15 pm  
Blogger Rebecca said...

B is for blue buttons!

January 12, 2007 10:25 pm  
Blogger Ali said...

Oh the blue, or maybe the top yellow, but the green is pretty too. I'm not really helping am I? I'll jut go to bed now I think. Nighty night.

January 12, 2007 11:04 pm  
Blogger dee said...

that is beautiful! and wonderful to have the dress form as well ;)

January 13, 2007 12:55 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for green buttons, but I tend to always vote for green things...

Love the fabric. I remember fondling a bolt of it in San Francisco last summer, but didn't have a plan or pattern for it, and couldn't justify spending the $$

Good luck with the dress form! That's awesome :)

January 13, 2007 12:55 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i pushed a wrong key and my name didn't link on my last comment.

sorry :)

January 13, 2007 12:56 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you are fully recovered now.

January 13, 2007 11:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What lovely fabric and I'm so envious that you can make clothes.

January 14, 2007 7:27 pm  
Blogger A home sewn, recycled,vintage life said...

Love the Librarian Mistress blouse, I think green buttons.

January 14, 2007 10:15 pm  
Blogger Berber said...

What a gorgeous blouse and the fabric is beautiful! Well done!!

January 15, 2007 10:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home